We have both in-person and virtual programming.
Please check event listings for registration and more details.
Enthusiast's Bird Walk with Dave Williams
Join Dave Williams for an Enthusiast's Bird Walk! The early bird walkers will meet at the Reading Town Forest, with a departure time of 7:00am in order to catch a glimpse of… the early birds!
For those of you who are later birds, Dave will lead Casual Bird Walks, departing at 9:00am, on June 23rd and August 18th.
What you need to know:
- Park on Grove Street near the Strout Avenue entrance to the compost center.
- Participants will need to bring binoculars. Some binoculars will be available through the Reading Public Library on a first come, first serve basis. Please email Melissa at email@example.com if you will need a pair of binoculars.
- Bring a field guide if you have one! Some field guides will be available through the Reading Public Library.
- Hydration is key! Participants should bring water.
- This program brings the library outside! As such, participants should be prepared with appropriate clothing and footwear as well as bug spray, and sunscreen.
- Participants should be prepared to walk about a mile on flat, well maintained dirt roads and trails.
Face coverings are not required but strongly recommended while indoors at the Reading Public Library. Please follow the updated COVID-19 guidelines if you’ve tested positive, been in close contact, or are experiencing new symptoms.
- Thursday, June 9, 2022
- 7:00am - 8:30am
- Reading Town Forest