Casual Bird Walk with Dave Williams
Join Dave Williams for a Casual Bird Walk! The casual bird walkers will meet at the Reading Town Forest, with a leisurely departure time of 9:00am!
For those of you who are early birds, Dave will lead Enthusiast's Bird Walks, departing at 7:00am, on July 22nd and August 26th.
Because of limited capacity, participants may only sign up for ONE of the summer Bird Walk programs.
What you need to know:
- Park on Grove Street near the Strout Avenue entrance to the compost center.
- Participants will need to bring binoculars. Some binoculars will be available through the Reading Public Library on a first come, first serve basis. Please email Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org if you will need a pair of binoculars.
- Bring a field guide if you have one! Some field guides will be available through the Reading Public Library.
- Hydration is key! Participants should bring water.
- This program will be taking place in: Ah! The Great Outdoors! As such, participants should be prepared with appropriate clothing and footwear as well as bug spray, and sunscreen.
- Participants should be prepared to walk about a mile on flat, well maintained dirt roads and trails.
- Thursday, July 15, 2021
- 9:00am - 10:30am
- Reading Town Forest