Animart: Clay Sloth
"Animart" is animal inspired art! Each month this summer features a virtual workshop just for teens to explore the intersection of art & form with animals as the subject. Be creative all summer long!
This month, sculpt a friendly sloth with air dry clay. Pop up Art School will teach you how to build a sloth using basic forms and add texture to bring your sloth to life. You'll then finish your sloth with acrylic paint on wet clay. Free for teens entering grades 6-12.
- Kits for this workshop are provided by the library. You'll be notified through email about the pickup process in advance of the event.
- Printed PDF (will be emailed or provided in advance of the workshop)
- Paper towel (you supply)
- Something to cover your table (you supply)
- Smock or apron – acrylic paint is permanent when it dries on fabric (you supply)
- A cup of water for rinsing brush (you supply)
This is an online event via Zoom. Please register with an email you check regularly. An invite will be sent at least an hour prior to the start of the program to the email given at registration. Be sure to check your spam box if the invite does not appear in your inbox.
This program is part of the Tails and Tales summer reading program and is sponsored by the Friends of the Reading Public Library, the Massachusetts Library System, the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners, and the Boston Bruins.
- Wednesday, August 11, 2021
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm