Learn more about U.S. foreign policy in an engaging program on world affairs. The Great Decisions 8-week series is led by Dr. Craig Brandt. The program model involves weekly readings from the Great Decisions Briefing Book published by the Foreign Policy Association. These readings focus on important U.S. and international current topics which will then be the springboard for the meetings.
- Feb. 07: Refugees and Global Migration
- Feb. 14: The Middle East: Regional Disorder
- Feb. 21: Nuclear Negotiations: Back to the Future?
- Feb. 28: The Rise of Populism in Europe
- Mar. 07: Decoding U.S. - China Trade
- Mar. 14: Cyber Conflicts and Geopolitics
- Mar. 21: U.S. and Mexico: Partnership Tested
- Mar. 28: The State of the State Department and Diplomacy
Series runs Thursday evenings at 7 PM, February 7 - March 28, 2019. Briefing book: there are 12 pages of reading per topic - the library will have books available to borrow for the duration of the program; however, for a donation of $23.00 you may have your own copy.
REGISTER between January 2 - 16, and payment due if purchasing the briefing book.
SPACE IS LIMITED! To register, call 781-942-6703 or visit our Information Desk.
- Dates & Times:
- 7:00pm - 8:45pm, Thursday, February 7, 2019
7:00pm - 8:45pm, Thursday, February 14, 2019
7:00pm - 8:45pm, Thursday, February 21, 2019
7:00pm - 8:45pm, Thursday, February 28, 2019
7:00pm - 8:45pm, Thursday, March 7, 2019
7:00pm - 8:45pm, Thursday, March 14, 2019
7:00pm - 8:45pm, Thursday, March 21, 2019
7:00pm - 8:45pm, Thursday, March 28, 2019