Advanced Writing Workshop: Mastering Your Manuscript
During this five week course, creative writing instructor and editor, Kristin Cooley will help advanced writers evaluate, refine and improve their creative writing skills, giving attendees the expertise to attempt writing for publication.
Participants can bring their laptops or tablets, or hand-write their works. Please bring a favorite unfinished manuscript to the first class.
Registration required. Preference given to Reading residents.
- Dates & Times:
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm, Monday, October 1, 2018
1:00pm - 3:00pm, Monday, October 15, 2018
1:00pm - 3:00pm, Monday, October 22, 2018
1:00pm - 3:00pm, Monday, October 29, 2018
1:00pm - 3:00pm, Monday, November 5, 2018
Topics will include:
- An extensive review of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- When to use quirky 'punch-tuation' vs. standard punctuation, learning when to break rules for emphasis
- Tricks to make your writing more incisive and memorable
- Various genres will be explored in detail, with direction in how to create them in your own voice.